Please call and inquire about the rate of service for:
- Psychological/Psychoeducational Assessments
BILLING AND PAYMENTS
You will be expected to pay for each session at the time it is held, unless we agree otherwise or unless you have insurance coverage which requires another arrangement.
If your account is more than 60 days overdue, I have the option of using legal means to secure payment, including collection agencies or small claims courts.
If you have a health insurance policy, it will usually provide some coverage for mental health treatment. I will provide you with whatever assistance I can in facilitating your receipt of the benefits to which you are entitled including filling out forms as appropriate. However, you, and not your insurance company, are responsible for full payment of the fee which we have agreed to. Therefore, it is very important that you find out exactly what mental health services your insurance policy covers.
You should carefully read the section in your insurance coverage booklet which describes mental health services. If you have questions, you should call your plan administrator and inquire.
“Managed Health Care Plans” such as HMOs and PPOs often require advance authorization before they will provide reimbursement for mental health services. It is your responsibility to obtain authorization before receiving any service. These plans are often oriented towards a short-term treatment approach designed to resolve specific problems that are interfering with one’s usual level of functioning. It may be necessary to seek additional approval after a certain number of sessions.
You should also be aware that most insurance agreements require you to authorize me to provide a clinical diagnosis, and sometimes additional clinical information such as a treatment plan or summary, or in some cases, a copy of the entire record. This information will become part of the insurance company’s files.
Currently, our therapists have been serving clients with medical coverage from the following insurance companies:
- Anthem Bluecross
- OptumHealth Behavioral Solutions
- United Behavioral Health
- U.S. Behavioral Health Plan, CA
- United Health Care
- Value Options
- Medi-Cal only through Anthem Blue Cross
- PPO plans can be submitted as ‘out of network.’ You may choose to utilize your insurance benefits if you have a policy that provides reimbursement for ‘out of network’ providers.
- In this case‚ you would pay directly and at the end of each month I will provide a billing statement for you to submit directly to your insurance company.
- How much you will be reimbursed will depend on your particular plan; most PPO insurance plans reimburse 40–60% of the fee. Please contact your insurance company for specifics on out of network coverage for more information.
Payment: Cash, card, personal checks, and money order. $25 will be charged for any returned check.
Cancellation Policy: $50 will be charged for any no-show or cancellation within 24 hours from your appointment. Please note that the insurance companies do not pay for no-shows. Cancellations made 24 hours ahead of the appointment time is accepted.